All lanty hell, this is where a few bubbas are gonna do some talkin about some dang fishin!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring is Sprung, Fish on Boys

Last Saturday Matt Grimes picked me up to head to a place out near Browntown,VA where he was preparing to pitfire some of his ceramics. He had dug the pit last summer and fired there once, the pit is about 10"x20", and he just need to check everything out so he could take his class out there to fire in a month. He told me there was a pond and he just wanted to get out of the city and hang out. I packed my rod and we picked up some hotdogs and beverages to go alone with campfire we planned to make. I caught my biggest largemouth bass to date, 20.5 inches and estimate around 5 lbs (my smallie from this summer was much thicker and an inch longer). It was great, Matt spotted him and I belly crawled into position, made a perfect cast, worked the fluke slowly in front of him and let it drop. He took 15 or twenty seconds to decide to take it, but when he did I crossed his eyes from my belly. I swear to you that's the way it happened. You can ask Matt, who coincidentally has been with me when I have caught some of the largest fish of my life (20.5 inch LM, 21.5 inch SM, 42 inch flathead, 40 inch flathead, and a few dozen other catfish ranging from 10 to 27 lbs). He is either the best good luck charm ever, knows where to fish, or he could be just as full of shit as me. Go fishing with him and decide for yourself.

That thing is right in front of my chest, no exaggeration, and you are seeing almost the whole pond behind me, I did not expect to catch anything that big in there, but then again, maybe I did.We also constructed this collaborative art project, made of wild grapevines we pulled off of some trees. It is about 3.5 feet in diameter and currently resting 10 feet up in this tree.

So its time to get off your bums and get fishing. I can't because of preparing for my art show, so we should all dig up some of those pictures and stories we haven't posted...

No comments:

Blog Archive