All lanty hell, this is where a few bubbas are gonna do some talkin about some dang fishin!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Solo Campout

Since Matt and I were planning the 3 day Rappahannock trip, I had to go for a test run with the new drybag. 8 miles. It was only my second time solo camping (not counting at campgrounds in State Parks), and it did not disappoint.Leaving the boat ramp on a slow section of river.

Catching Smallies once I got past the first set of rapids.

Set up camp by a nice stone beach half way into the float.

Ate part one of dinner and made some coffee and headed out to fish.

Sunset in between casts, I floated both sides of the island I was camping on, and fished until I couldn't see my camp anymore.

A wonderful time, but as a boat owner, I know my fellow buds will agree, something always goes wrong with your gear. I think I will keep track of the wins and losses for a little while , just for shits and giggles.
Trip Tallies:
Fish: 40+ in two days
Biggest Fish: 14 inches
Losses: My camp stove died after 10 years of hard service and had to buy a new one for the Rappahannock trip.
Weirdest or coolest things: Being woken up at 2 am by feeding carp crashing the shallows like killer whales. Several sightings of the resident Bald Eagles.

No comments:

Blog Archive