All lanty hell, this is where a few bubbas are gonna do some talkin about some dang fishin!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

NOVA Trout season Begins

Monkey is checking out the three rainbows I pulled in Friday after work. Trout stocking began Friday at Accotink Creek and I managed to make it there for the last two hours of daylight on my way home from work- the air temp was just about freezing, maybe a little less by the time I left. It sure isn't fishing in the mountains (the stocked trout are bigger here and you are fishing almost elbow to elbow with guys, but they are all a trip). I fished one hole that had a ton of trout in it. It was too cold for spinners so I got these guys on jigs fished under a bobber. I CAUGHT ONE ON A MINI JIG I TIED - WOO HOO! Sorry I don't have too many pictures - there was ton of action (As usual, I missed 5-7 trout, one would have gone 2-3lbs, easy), and I was pressured for time.
This was the funniest thing about the trip. I had a trout on and was about to net him, when he made a hard run, pulling my drag. I squatted a bit more and reached, which allowed me to get the fish, but I stuck my ass into the cold water (I was wearing hip waders). The trout still in the hole had a good laugh at me. I'm sure you will too. This made the last hour colder than it needed to be, but thank God for polypropylene underdraws.

2 comments:

FreshSnaps said...

BWAHAHAHA! Sticking your butt in the cold water isn't nearly as funny as the drawing. Good work, are you an artist or something?

John M. Adams said...

Yeah, some kind of artist, right?

Blog Archive